Being a member of Strong.Confident.Living. and a devout fitness fanatic at Pearl Street Fitness, I am honored to provide you with a few fashion tips for MakeOver Week. I love the tag line on the cover page of this Facebook Group: “It’s All In The Attitude”. Every one of us needs a little attitude adjustment on those days we may be feeling not so confident and a little insecure. Well, I have a remedy for your insecurity! Make a fashion statement!
When I throw on a killer pair of heels, they allow me two more inches of courage. When I squeeze into a kick-ass pair of skinny jeans, they give me two more ounces of confidence. I am here today to provide you with an easy, effortless outfit that will embody cool, chic, on-trend style.
All you need is 4-5 key pieces:
- A Skinny Jean My go-to jean for Fall is one with a black-coated finish. It’s a little dressier and can transition you from day to evening quickly. A charcoal gray, black, or a dark rinse style are other great denim options. Current denim brands I love are Seven For All Mankind, Frame Denim, and Hudson. For less expensive options, visit TopShop (online or at Nordstrom), H&M, Zara, and Urban Outfitters. Check Out Styles: Here and Here
- A Graphic or Solid Tee I love the rock ‘n roll vibe of a vintage concert tee. It adds a pop of color and a young, playful attitude to any outfit. (Pam & Gela, DayDreamer, Chaser, Spiritual Gangster, and Wildfox are hot labels). I find many of my VINTAGE tees at Buffalo Exchange. Check Out Styles: Here and Here
- A Leather or Faux-Leather Moto-Style Jacket (A Military-Inspired Jacket or Bomber will also work). TopShop, Nordstrom, Free People, and the brand Blank NYC all have really cool, chic, inexpensive styles. Check Out Styles: Here and Here
- A Canvas, Leather, or Suede Sneaker (for Day) in white or black. (Converse, Adidas, Puma, Golden Goose, and Ugg are brands I covet). Check Out Styles: Here and Here
- A High-Heeled Ankle Bootie (for Evening) My go-to brands for a “BOOTIE CALL” are Rag&Bone, Fiorentini & Baker, Stuart Weitzman, or Vince. (Check out Aldo, DSW, or Nordstrom Rack for a lower price point shoe). Check Out Styles: Here and Here
So summon up the courage to rock those skinnies, rocker tees, and leather motos! Walk down the street like the world is your runway, and become that bad-ass woman who exudes strength, confidence, empowerment, and grace. Be bold in your fashion choices and let your personality and confidence shine through!
If you are interested in learning how fashion “MADE-OVER” my life, please read the “About” section here in my blog.